About the Course:
A graduate of B. Voc.in MLT is an all-rounder as far as technologies in a medical laboratory is concerned. The course envisages to build in an overall expertise in the student, of performing medical laboratory tests, whether it’s routine or special tests.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent|
- Strategically designed curriculum considering National occupation standards and National skills Qualification framework in health industry.
- Gain the hands on experience by interning with prestigious health industries.
Key areas of study:
The major subjects which are taught in the B.Sc. MLT curriculum include Human physiology and anatomy, Medical biochemistry, parasitology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, haematology, Clinical Laboratory Operations and Management, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, Advance Diagnostic Techniques, Principles of Immunology, Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology, Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
Program Education Objectives:
- This program is known to train students in various aspects related to medical lab technology.
- The program trains young candidates and turns them into skilled medical laboratory technologists.
- Perform routine clinical laboratory procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in Hematology, Chemistry, Immunohematology, and Microbiology under the general supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Pathologist.
- Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior, and professional awareness incumbent upon a laboratory technician
- Apply systematized problem solving techniques to identify and correct procedural errors, identify instrument malfunctions and seek proper supervisory assistance, and verify the accuracy of laboratory results obtained.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, utilizing appropriate quality control and safety procedures.
- Recognize and participate in activities which will provide current knowledge and upgrading of skills in laboratory medicine.
Program Specific Outcomes:
Vocational or skill-based education is becoming more and more significant in the current times. BVoc (Bachelor of Vocation) is an emerging course in India that aims at providing adequate skills required for a particular trade. The course is different from traditional academic programmes as it deals more with application-based studies rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge.
BVoc is a three-year duration undergraduate course that can be pursued in a wide range of fields starting from healthcare, food technology and hospitality to creative fields like graphic designing and beauty & wellness. One of the biggest advantages of pursuing BVoc against common degree courses is that a candidate has multiple exit points during the programme and continued industry exposure. This means that if a candidate is unable to complete his/ her BVoc course, s/he is still awarded a diploma after successful completion of first year or advanced diploma after successful completion of second year. Apart from this, the work experience candidates gain during the course increases their chances of getting a job.
The health Industry Partner were established for support on a cost sharing basis for path-breaking research in frontier futuristic technology areas having major economic potential and making the Indian health industry globally competitive. health Industry Partner supports the development of appropriate technologies in medical health in the context of recognized national priorities. These industries could be divided into seven (06) broad themes:
- Drugs including drug Delivery,
- Vaccines and clinical trials,
- Biosimilars & stem cells,
- Devices & Diagnostics,
- Industrial health technology
- Bioinformatics & facilities that virtually cover every aspect of Biotechnology.
MLT professionals have access to the following job profiles –
- Lab technician
- Lab assistant
- Lab supervisor
- Lab manager
- Senior lab assistant
- Lab analyst
B.Sc. Biotechnology graduates can explore a plethora of job opportunities across the public and private sector. While pursuing courses after BSc Biotechnology, you can choose from a wide range of government jobs and private jobs in Biotechnology, Clinical Research, Bioinformatics, Medical Laboratories, Life Sciences, amongst others.
After completing this course, you may find a job at the following places –
- Hospitals (pathology lab)
- Clinics (pathology lab)
- Medical labs
- Nursing homes
1st Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
2nd Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
3rd Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
4th Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
5th Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
6th Semester Bachelor of Vocational Course in Medical Lab Technology Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes