About the Course:
The Bachelor of Pharmacy degree is popularly known as B-Pharm in India. It is a four-year program with both annual and semester schemes available. To be eligible, one must pass with at least 50% marks in 10 + 2 (or an equivalent examination) with physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology/Maths as one of the subjects.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 With PCM or PCB|
B Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree program that deals with the intricacies of the pharmaceutical industry, starting from manufacturing medicines and drugs to dispensing them across various medical stores, distributors and stockists.The Course deals with knowledge about biochemical sciences and its impact on healthcare industry. This gives students the opportunity to get a total clarity on the insights and the core component structure of the subject.
Key area of study:
Pharmacy is a course with the scope for advanced learning and a wide spectrum of opportunities in terms of its complex terminologies, wide perception building attitude, and basic techniques.Pharmacy course is an intricate art of preparing drugs and medicines with complete and in-depth knowledge about its effects with legitimate data and instruction. Knowledge about healthcare and biomedical science with the skills to predict the nature of medicines and analyze the same for the betterment of humanity is one of the key responsibilities of a B Pharmacy Professional. Pharmacy is the science and art of manufacturing and selling drugs and medicines. B Pharm syllabus covers all the facets of healthcare, including biochemical areas that concern the preparation of medicines and implementing those for the right diagnosis. Comprehensive modernization in the field of Pharmacy enhanced its significance.
Program Education Objectives:
- To produce Pharmacy graduates with strong fundamental concepts and high technical competence in pharmaceutical sciences and technology.
- To provide students with a strong and well defined concepts in the various fields of pharmaceutical sciences viz., Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Pharmacy Practice according to the requirement of pharmaceutical industries, community and hospital pharmacy.
- To develop a sense of teamwork and awareness amongst students towards the importance of interdisciplinary approach for developing competence in solving complex problems in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- To encourage the students to participate in life-long learning process for a highly productive career and to relate the concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences towards serving the cause of the society
- Develop ability for in-depth analytical and critical thinking in order to identify, formulate and solve the issues related to Pharmaceutical Industry, Regulatory Agencies, Hospital Pharmacy & Community Pharmacy.
- Develop an ability to solve, analyze and interpret data generated from Formulation Development, Quality Control & Quality Assurance.
- Develop written and oral communication skills in order to communicate effectively the outcomes of the Pharmaceutical problems.
- Develop team spirit, apart from responding to the social needs and professional ethics.
- Develop an aptitude for lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
- Develop an understanding for the need of pharmaceutical sciences and technology towards giving quality life to people in society.
Program Specific Outcomes:
1: Detail understanding of theoretical and practical knowledge of all core and allied subjects of pharmaceutical sciences, which consist of dosage form design, routes of administration of various drugs, their mechanism of action, chemical moiety involved, doses of drugs, patient treatment, patient counseling, drug dispensing, hospital administration, drug manufacturing, QA/QC and regulation etc.
2: Highlight the concepts and operative components of pharmacovigilance, clinical pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance, pharmacoeconomics, clinical research, clinical pharmacokinetics and other related areas for the benefit of academicians, hospital/community pharmacists and industry, emphasizing the consequences of the use of medications.
3: Rigorous core course-work in biopharmaceutics, drug transport, pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics, drug delivery systems, cell and molecular biology, synthetic and macromolecular chemistry, chemical and biomedical engineering, materials science, physiology and pharmacology
4: Emphasis on Drug Discovery and Design, Drug Delivery, Drug Action and Clinical Sciences, Drug Analysis, Cost Effectiveness of Medicines (Pharmacoeconomics), Drug Regulatory Affairs etc.
A graduate in Bachelor of Pharmacy is faced with a wide spectrum of lucrative employability opportunities in a wide variety of industries and areas of employment such as:
- The pharmacy sector offers lots of opportunities to the students after the completion of the course.
- The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. There is huge number of opportunities available for the students in both public and the private sector. You can also work in a government sector. Beside this, you can also work in an Abroad Company.
- After completing a graduation degree, you can work at government hospitals, private medical shops & private hospitals/clinics. You can also start your own consultancies & medical shop.
- The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. In Pharmaceutical Company, you can work in departments such as quality control, manufacturing, packing marketing, production, etc.
- Students can also make their career in Pharmaceutical Management& marketing field as a Production Manager, Medical Representative, Area Manager, etc.
After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Bio-Technology Industries
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health Inspector
- Pathological Lab Scientist
- Research & Development
- Making Prescription to Patients
- Research & Development Executive
- Analytical Chemist
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
The B.Pharmacy course presents the students with a lot of job opportunities. Proper understanding of medical drugs and its distribution is essential, so the pharmacist job scope is in greater demand. Some of the popular roles students start with are Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Retail Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistant, Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Pharmacy Manager, Health Inspector etc.
Courses Structure/ Syllabus:
As per the philosophy of Credit Based Semester System, certain quantum of academic work viz. theory classes, tutorial hours, practical classes, etc. are measured in terms of credits. On satisfactory completion of the courses, a candidate earns credits. The amount of credit associated with a course is dependent upon the number of hours of instruction per week in that course. Similarly, the credit associated with any of the other academic, co/extra-curricular activities is dependent upon the quantum of work expected to be put in for each of these activities per week.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes