About the Course:
M.Sc zoology is a two year full time postgraduate degree programme that deals with animal biology and its combination of the animal world from outside in addition to at the molecular level. Zoology is a specialisation that deals with animal biology and their complete origin and evolution.
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation or Equivalent in Relevant Subject|
To become Master of Science in Zoology, you have completed 2 year bachelor degree program. Master of Science in Zoologycan pursue M.Phil, Ph.D or Post Doc. degree after completion of Masters. Here, we have included details about courses offered, job opportunities and salary offered.
Key areas of study:
Program Education Objectives:
Students will have successful professional careers in academics as well as in the public/private sectors in the field of biological/wildlife biomedical/agricultural.
After completing M.Sc. Zoology Programme students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply the fundamental knowledge of the basic principles of major fields of Zoology.
- Apply knowledge to solve the issues related to animal sciences.
- Take appropriate steps towards conservation of endemic and endangered animal species.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Demonstrated a broad understood of animal diversity, including knowledge of the scientific classification and evolutionary relationships of major groups of animals.
- Recognized the relationships between structure and functions at different levels of biological organization (e.g., molecules, cells, organs, organisms, populations, and species) for the major groups of animals.
- Characterized the biological, chemical, and physical features of environments (e.g., terrestrial, freshwater, marine, host) that animals inhabit.Explained how animals function and interact with respect to biological, chemical and physical processes in natural and impacted environments.
- Explained how organisms function at the level of the gene, genome, cell, tissue, organ and organ-system.
- Drawing upon this knowledge, they are able to give specific examples of the physiological adaptations, development, reproduction and behavior of different forms of life.
- Understood the applied biological sciences or economic Zoology such as sericulture, Apiculture, aquaculture, Industrial microbiology, rDNA technology and medicine for their career opportunities.
Career Options After Completing M.Sc Zoology. The course has a gamut of career development opportunities, graduates can find jobs in Indian Forest Service (IFS), animal biodiversity prospecting, wildlife conservation, environmental management, bioinformatics, ecosystem monitoring, and others.Sc Zoology jobs can be found in both the private and public sectors. Zoologists can work in pharmaceutical enterprises, farms, medical laboratories, environmental agencies, museums, government hospitals, and hatcheries to know the animals and their ecosystems. M.Sc Zoology scope is very rewarding owing to the relevancy of the course.
Zoology scope after M.Sc is great in the government and private sector. There is aM.Sc Zoology scope in the future they can work as animal behavioral, conservationist, biologist, zoologist, animal education professor, zoologist, forensic expert, laboratory technician, and veterinarian. They are also employed in this field.M.Sc Zoology Honours Job designation for aspirants are;
- Assistant Professor
- Medical Coding Intern
- Dialysis Technician
- Junior Research Fellow
- Research Scientist
- Associate Research Scientist
- High School Teacher
- Clinical Data Manager
- HR Manager
1st Semester M.Sc. in Zoology Syllabus
2nd Semester M.Sc. in Zoology Syllabus
3rd Semester M.Sc. in Zoology Syllabus
4th Semester M.Sc. in Zoology Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes