About the Course:
BSc Microbiology is a three-year undergraduate course that comprises the study of microorganisms, this includes various organisms like a unicellular, cluster of microscopic animals, viruses, bacteria, and fungi. This discipline is a key component of the various research in biochemistry and pathology.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent With Biology As Core Subject in 12th|
- Diverse opportunities: A graduate degree in Microbiology can open up job opportunities of the candidates in various unique profiles such as Bacteriologist, Virologist, cell biologist, Mycologists and many more.
- Higher Education: Candidates after completion of the course can opt for higher education’s by enrolling them in the MSc programs such as MSc Microbiology, MSc in Applied Microbiology, MSc Medical Microbiology, and MSc Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. A PG degree also increases the job prospect for the candidates. Similarly, the candidates can opt for PhD courses after completing their PG.
- Research opportunities: Most of the microbes quickly change their genetic structures. This opens up opportunities for research. Microbiologists continuously research microbes to understand the next wave of infectious diseases, environmental impact of microbes, effect on microbes on food products and many more.
- Competitive Salary: A microbiologist in India earns around INR 310,000 per annum. A microbiologist with over 10 years of experience can earn upto INR 600,000 per annum.
Key areas of study:
The major subjects which are taught in the B.Sc. Microbiology curriculum include Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Mathematics, Genetics,Microbial Genetics, Principles of Immunology, Plant and Animal Tissue Culture Techniques and applications, Plant Biotechnology; Introduction to Data Structure & Computer Organization, Molecular Genetics, Computational Biology, cell biology & Bioinformatics.
Program Education Objectives:
The main objective of the course is:
- to make the students understand the basic theories, laws and mechanisms of the microbiology and further to make them prolific in extending this basic knowledge in to the understanding and development of the bio-chemistry and related interdisciplinary fields, like Cell Biology, Biotechnology etc.
- to promote education and research among the students in microbiology and provide academic and professional excellence for immediate productivity in industrial, governmental, or clinical settings for an ultimate benefit of society and environment.
- Successful demonstration of oral, writing and communication skills.
- Encouraging interdisciplinary curriculum by cementing their basic knowledge in fundamental sciences.
- An envisioning of value based education for strengthening their personal development.
- Hands on technical as well as experimental skills to complement their theoretical knowledge in the curriculum.
- Students will hold research skills to make them competent as a candidate for various opportunities in India and across the world.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Top B.Sc Microbiology Entrance Exams are AMUEEE, LPUNEST, Assam CEE, HPU MAT, IISc Entrance Exam, and many more.
- Regular B.Sc in Microbiology, Part-time B.Sc in Microbiology, and Distance B.Sc in Microbiology are the most common types of B.Sc Microbiology courses pursued by students in India.
- BSc Microbiology Top Colleges offering B.Sc in Microbiology are NIMS University, Madras Christian College, LPU, Fergusson College, Mount Carmel College, Ethiraj College for Women, RamNarain College, and many more.
- Common Jobs after B.Sc. Microbiology: Microbiologist, Operations Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Senior research scientist, Quality control Microbiologist, Clinical Research Associate, etc
- The average annual starting salary offered to BSc Microbiology graduates in India range between INR 3 and 5 Lakh depending on the candidate’s expertise in the field.
- Popular Courses after B.Sc. Microbiology are MSc Microbiology, MSc in Applied Microbiology, MSc Medical Microbiology, and MSc Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics.
- Dev leela biotech, Raipur
- Aditya biotech, Raipur
- A2 milk, Raipur
While the topics covered may depend on the nature and course objectives of the program along with the specialisation pursued, here are a few subjects that you can expect to explore during courses after B.Sc. Microbiology.
- Microscopy for Biological Sciences
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Leadership in Science
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Project Management in Science
- Metabolomics and Proteomics
- Commercialisation of Science
- Tissue Engineering & Stem Cells
- Business Fundamentals for Biotechnology
- Biotechnology operations
- Early Drug Discovery
- Public Health
- Health Communication
- Research Fellow
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Manager
- Associate Professor
- Food inspector
- Quality manager
- Project Assistant
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
- Food Scientist and Technologist
- Animal Biotechnologist
Here are the top recruiters for Government jobs after B.Sc. Biotechnology:
- Biotech Consortium India Limited
- Ministry of Ayush
- Botany and Zoology Research Institutes
- Public Universities
- Research Institutes in India
1st Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
2nd Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
3rd Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
4th Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
5th Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
6th Semester B.Sc. in Microbiology Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes