About the course:
BSc (Hons) in Physics is a three-year undergraduate program comprising of theory and experimental courses mainly from Physics and few interdisciplinary courses from Mathematics Chemistry and Computer Science.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent With Science As Core Subject In 12th|
Key areas of study:
Physics is the study of quantity, structure, space and change. It has very broad scope in science, engineering and social sciences. The key areas of study in physics are:
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics and Plasma Physics
Program Education Objectives:
- Create deep interest in learning physics.
- Develop broad and balanced knowledge and understanding of definitions, concepts, principles and theorems.
- Familiarize the students with suitable tools of physicsexperimental or theoretical to handle issues and problems in physics and related sciences.
- Enhance the ability of learners to apply the knowledge and skills acquired by them during the programme to solve specific theoretical and experiment problems in physics.
- Provide students/learners sufficient knowledge and skills enabling them to undertake further studies in physics and its allied areas on multiple disciplines concerned with physics.
- Encourage the students to develop a range of generic skills helpful in employment, internships and social activities.
Program Specific Outcomes:
The Bachelor’s Degree in B.Sc. physics is awarded to the students on the basis of knowledge, understanding, skills, attitudes, values and academic achievements sought to be acquired by learners at the end of the programme.With the BSc in physics, the students must be able to: use and construct logical arguments, in particular, be familiar with proof techniques and know how to apply the laws of logic in physics proofs; understand and communicate concepts and physics ideas with clarity and coherence; use computational tools to solve physics problems; create/use physics models to experimental works.
After the completion of the B.Sc degree there are various options available for the science students, they can go for master degree in Science i.e. M.Sc, go in a research area and can even look for professional job oriented courses. Often, in some reputed universities or colleges in India and abroad the students are recruited directly by big MNC’s after their completion of the course.
1st Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
2nd Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
3rd Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
4th Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
5th Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
6th Semester B.Sc. Hons. in Physics Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes