About the Course:
An M.Tech (Civil Engineering) or M.tech in Civil Engineering is a 2-year course as an M.tech type.
This course is about designing the process, maintenance, and construction of dams, bridges, buildings, etc.
- Students will learn about construction management with theory and practical knowledge.
MTech Structural Engineering is a 2-year post-graduate program. It is a specialized branch of civil engineering that deals with concepts such as structural design, structural stability, general safety, and reliability of the construction, withstanding seismic forces, and building failures.
The course is especially helpful to those who want to get into the construction business and understand how to construct tall buildings, bridges, dams, flyovers, and similar modern structures. One also comes across topics like foundation technology, concrete technology, prefabricated structures, smart structures, steel structures, composite structures, and corrosion engineering.
The course is spread across four semesters; each of six months duration. Apart from theory, a student comes across various practical aspects of training in this field and gets to do project works on the same. There are industry visits, seminars, and guest talks by experts from the industry thrown in as part of the training.
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech/M.Sc. in Relevant Subject|
Integrated course available if any: –
After completing a course in M.Tech in Civil Engineering, the students can go for government or private sector jobs. Civil engineering has a much wider scope. Students can also pursue higher studies in the same field like advanced diploma in civil engineering, surveying, structural engineering, constructing management, building design, or certificate course. Those interested in getting further education can pursue a PhD degree.
Key areas of study:
Structures, Construction Management, Building and Shaping of Materials, Construction of Structures, Dams, Soil properties etc.
Program Education Objectives:-
- Achieve excellence in engineering decision-making and design,
- Attain leadership careers in engineering practice,
- Complete graduate professional engineering education,
- Pursue advanced study and research in engineering, and
- Engage in diverse, alternative career choices.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- After completion of this course, one can take up a research program like M.Phil or PhD in a field relevant to structural engineering.
- One can pursue a career in teaching or lectureship in colleges.
- Sectors like the construction industry, real estate projects, building construction, highway construction, bridge construction are evergreen projects that offer new and new areas for employment and career opportunities.
- After pursuing a doctoral program in the field, one take a career in research by continuing with further research work in the field
Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Exide Life Insurance, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company, Max Life Insurance Company, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company etc.
- Loan Officer,
- Credit Risk Experts,
- Equity Research Specialist,
- Market Expert,
- Sales Officer.
- Insurance Consultant
- Banker (PO/Clerk)
1st Semester M. Tech. in Structure Engineering Syllabus
2nd Semester M. Tech. in Structure Engineering Syllabus
3rd Semester M. Tech. in Structure Engineering Syllabus
4th Semester M. Tech. in Structure Engineering Syllabus
2nd Semester M.Tech. in Structure Engineering Result
4th Semester M.Tech. in Structure Engineering Result
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes