About the Course:
An M.tech (Civil Engineering) or M.tech in Highway Engineering is a 2-year course as an M.tech type.
M.Tech in Highway Engineering is a postgraduate Civil Engineering course of two years which is divided into four semesters of study plus two electives. The goal of this degree program is to provide both engineering and management aspects of transportation systems with an emphasis on on-road transportation.
This discipline includes subjects like pavement analysis and design, transportation planning, road transport management and economics, highway traffic analysis and design, numerical methods and applied statistics, etc.
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech./M.Sc. in Relevant Subject|
Integrated course available if any: – No
After completing a course in M.tech in Civil Engineering, the students can go for government or private sector jobs. Civil engineering has a much wider scope. Students can also pursue higher studies in the same field like advanced diploma in civil engineering, surveying, structural engineering, constructing management, building design, or certificate course. Those interested in getting further education can pursue a PhD degree.
Key areas of study:
structures, Construction Management, Building and Shaping of Materials, Construction of Structures, Dams, Soil properties etc
Program Education Objectives:-
- Achieve excellence in engineering decision-making and design,
- Attain leadership careers in engineering practice,
- Complete graduate professional engineering education,
- Pursue advanced study and research in engineering, and
- Engage in diverse, alternative career choices.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions.
- The course also aims to train specialists in the areas of geophysical and earthquake engineering who can evaluate, predicting and reducing the risk of earthquakes.
- They can also go for further research work after the course.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- After completion of this course, one can take up a research program like M.Phil or PhD in a field relevant to Structural Engineering.
- One can pursue a career in teaching or lectureship in colleges.
- Sectors like the construction industry, real estate projects, building construction, highway construction, bridge construction are evergreen projects that offer new and new areas for employment and career opportunities.
- After pursuing a doctoral program in the field, one take a career in research by continuing with further research work in the field
GMR Group, HIRA Group.
Placement Opportunities: List of Top Companies
- TATA Consulting Engineers
- Power Grid Corporation of India
- Maytas Infra
- Rama Group
- Nucleus Premium Properties Private Limited
- Emaar Properties
- Black cat engineering
- Ascent Consulting
List of Career Options after Diploma in Civil Engineering
The job opportunities in this field of Highway engineering depend on the basis of academic and technical skills of the postgraduates. The M.Tech Highway Engineering course postgraduates can work as a Transportation Design Engineer, Civil Transportation Designer, Transportation Executive, Senior Transportation Moeller, Technical Program Manager, Transportation Technician, Manager, Transportation Innovation Analyst, Transportation Modeller, Lecturer/Professor, etc. and they get hired in the areas such as Independent Consultancy Services, Road Projects, Academic Institutes, Real Estate Departments, Military Services, Railways Projects, etc.
Public sector organizations such as PWD, Municipal Corporations, and urban planning departments, Government Port Trusts, ONGC, NHAI, Indian Railways, and Metro Rail Corporations etc. are some other popular recruiters in the discipline.
1st Semester M.Tech. in Highway Engineering Syllabus
2nd Semester M.Tech. in Highway Engineering Syllabus
3rd Semester M.Tech. in Highway Engineering Syllabus
4th Semester M.Tech. in Highway Engineering Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes