About the Course:
Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a 3 year skill-enabling engineering programme that students can pursue after completing class 10. The course deals with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, magnetism, control systems, signal processing and telecommunications. The Diploma in Electrical Engineering course mainly focuses on electrical elements and devices which are used to generate electricity from different methods such as Windmills, Nuclear power plants.
In each semester the candidate will study the different subjects that teach analytical, technical and design skills. Electrical engineering enables students to comprehend the many applications of electricity and electronics.
|COURSE FEES||35200 per year|
|Eligibility Criteria||10th or Equivalent|
Integrated course available if any. No
The objective of this diploma course is to provide comprehensive understanding of various aspects of Electrical engineering and skills development in Circuit Designing, Micro controlling, Control System, Robotics, Operating Electrical Machines and Power Systems. This course prepares competent technicians/skilled persons who can perform their jobs in industry or as an entrepreneur, having skills to plan, execute and manage the technical problems and also able to supervise tasks.
Key areas of study:
Circuit Designing, Micro controlling, Control Operating Electrical Machines and Power Systems
Program Education Objectives:
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and systems.
- To procure, inspect and test electrical and electronic engineering materials.
- To design wiring schemes for domestic and power installation , to draw layouts for wiring diagram, to understand and interpret the drawings prepared by others according to Indian standards and relevant Indian Electricity Rules.
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing small electrical gadgets/domestic appliances making joints and carrying out wiring work.
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical machinery used in various industrial and domestic applications.
- To perform the duties of installation, operation, maintenance and testing of measuring instruments.
- To use various quality control techniques and safety measures adopted
- To do industrial installation, laying cables, earthing, installing motors with their accessories, wiring testing of contractor control circuits and motor winding.
- To design and modify electrical control circuits, to carry out trouble shooting in control circuits.
- To Prepare estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic wiring, industrial wiring in transmission and distribution systems
- to install, erect, and commission the power equipment
1. Diploma engineers will be able to demonstrate knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering.
2. Diploma engineers will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve Industrial, community & research problems.
3. Diploma engineers will demonstrate an ability to analyze and interpret experiments for mathematical modeling and maintenance of the electrical systems.
4. Diploma engineers to Design & Conduct Experiments, as well as Analyze & Interpret Data.
5. Diploma engineers ability to design a System, Component, or Process to meet desired needs with in realistic constraints such as Economic, Environmental, Social, Ethical, Manufacturability, and Sustainability.
6. Diploma engineers will demonstrate skills to use modern devices, software and equipment to analyse& solve problems. 7
. Diploma engineers an understanding of Professional and Ethical responsibility.
8. Diploma engineers will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
9. Diploma engineers will be able to understand impact of Electrical engineering on the societal and contemporary issues.
10. Diploma engineers will demonstrate confidence to learn by self and exhibit ability for life-long learning.
11. Diploma engineers will be able to take interest in research & development in all disciplines of electrical engineering.
12. Diploma engineers will be able to participate and succeed in competitive examinations.
Program Specific Outcomes:
Apply the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, electrical and electronics engineering to analyse and solve the complex problems in electrical, electronics and allied interdisciplinary areas.
Design, develop and implement electrical and electronics and allied interdisciplinary projects to meet the demands of industry and to provide solutions to the current real time problems.
GMR , CSEB , Hira Group, Johnson & Johnson Pvt Ltd
Reliance, Tata, Adanipower, Power Plants, Sponge Iron & Steel companies, Defense Service like army, navy, air force etc.
In the field of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electrical power.
Operation and maintenance of equipments, lines, fault location, planning and designing of simple distribution schemes,
Executive and supervisory control in power stations or sub-stations, transmission and distribution networks.
Installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of electrical equipment.
Private Industries and firms dealing in the field of Meters and manufacturing and sale of variety of electrical equipment.
2nd Semester Diploma in Electrical Engineering Result
4th Semester Diploma in Electrical Engineering Result
6th Semester Diploma in Electrical Engineering Result
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes