About the Course:
B.Tech. in Fire & safety Engineering is a 4 year undergraduate engineering degree course. This course prepares the students to become Mechanical Engineers. The objective of this course is to prepare students to apply the principles of fire & safety engineering for health and safety planning and contributions of analysis of health related equipment systems. Fire & safety engineers usually work in a variety of concepts related to thermodynamics, energy and environmental effect of human body. This field of work is related to fire & safety systems in various fields such as automobiles, manufacturing plants, cooling systems, machinery and industrial equipment to name a few.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent with Physics ,Maths as Compulsory Subject|
Integrated course available: B.Tech + M.Tech (5 Years Program)
Key areas of study:
Global Disaster Scenario and types of Natural Disaster, Occupational Health & Hygiene Management, Safety in Power Plants, Legal Aspects of Safety Health & Environment Biomedical and Engineering Fluid Mechanics.
Program Education Objectives:
The Program Educational Objectives for the fire & safety engineering program describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation are
1. To develop the analytical and logical aptitude amongst students to quickly adapt to new work environments, assimilate new information and problem solving.
2.To provide students with a sound foundation in the science, mathematics, engineering fundamentals and their field applications.
3. A graduate must have the background and necessary perspective to pursue postgraduate/doctoral/post doctoral education. A graduate must be able to work with professionals in related fields over the spectrum of fire & safety engineering especially planning, designing, executing and monitoring of various fire & safety systems.
4.To provide exposure of new cutting edge technologies to the students and to motivate them to take up new challenges to solve the problems faced by society and nation through research and development.
5.To inculcate self learning, discipline and leadership qualities with good communication skills in students and to introduce them to holistic approach of working in a team according to the codes of professional practice
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to:
1. Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
2. Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Mechanical Engineering.
3. Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of mechanical engineering.
4. Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of fire & safety Engineering.
5. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
6. Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
7. Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
8. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
9. Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
10. Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
11. Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
12. Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
CEPET Raipur, GMR Raipur, SRITECH Pvt. Ltd, Nagpur.
When we talk about the different job roles for mechanical engineers, the same can be broadly classified into the following few segments –
- Design –
In this role, the mechanical engineers would be responsible for drafting technical sketches either with tools or computers. Any mechanical engineer good with sketches or computer aided drawing is ideal for such a position.
- Production –
The production job role usually involves consultation and supervision in the manufacturing of machines and their components. If you are an individual who wants to experience the manufacturing techniques and production processes, this would be the right job role for you.
- Analysis and Testing –
In this job role, you would be responsible for analysis and testing of machine parts, systems and equipment. Your responsibilities would include checking for faults that could have come up in the manufacturing or design processes.
- Installation & Maintenance –
The job role involves knowledge of installation of machine parts in the industrial location, along with their proper maintenance as per the provided specifications. The installation and maintenance are only recommended for those who are strong in practical knowledge instead of theoretical knowledge.
- Research –
Last but not the least, research is one of the most exciting job roles in mechanical engineering. Your job responsibilities would include researching and implementing findings for the development of new products using the latest technologies.
As you can see, the scope of mechanical engineering and the job prospects aren’t just good, but promising for the near future as well. Being a fundamental discipline required by almost every field of study, mechanical engineering graduates are always in huge demand. Here is a look at some of the top recruiting industries that are always on the lookout for skilled mechanical engineers-
- Automobile Industry –
One of the fastest growing industries, the automobile industry offers a variety of opportunities to fire & safety engineers. From design to manufacturing and even maintenance, some of the top automobile brands have begun to invest in recruiting of new talent for research as well as the development of transport systems like driverless cars, bullet trains as well as pod-based transportation systems. Provided the safety device in a new technology scenario. Hence with the right set of skills and passion, the scope of safety & fire engineers in the safety industry is quite bright, which may lead to building of an exciting career
- Aerospace Industry –
From developing flying cars to reusable satellites as well as rockets, the aerospace industry is not far behind when it comes to innovation and inventions. With the technological advancements, the aerospace industry is rapidly expanding its reach and thus, the need for skilled mechanical engineers with practical knowledge. The industry offers a variety of job roles to the mechanical engineers – from design to manufacturing, testing as well as the fabled R&D, where you get an opportunity to use the principles of physics, aeromodelling as well as dynamics to innovate the systems for better design as well as efficiency.
- Robotics & Mechatronics –
Robotic process automation and robotics itself are the booming new trends. Almost every industry is looking for automation solutions in order to increase efficiency and cut down on operation costs. However, the implementation of the same requires the supervision and efforts from skilled mechanical engineers. Whether it is the design and manufacturing of a new robotics system or the implementation of process automation for inventory management, robotics and mechatronics will always have a role for the mechanical engineers to play.
- Power and Metal Plants –
The Power industry is one of the major contributors to the economy of our nation. There are several thermal power plants all over the country and since the power plants use the principles of thermodynamics and material science, mechanical engineering graduates are required here as well.
3rd Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
4th Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
5th Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
6th Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
7th Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
8th Semester B.Tech. in Fire & Safety Engineering Syllabus
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes