About the Course :
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a three-year undergraduate degree course in computer applications. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is one of the popular courses among the students who want to jumpstart their career in the field of information technology.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent, Maths As One Subject|
- Industry Immersion :Trainings, projects and guest lectures collaborated with industries help to learn from real life situations
- Contemporary Curriculum: Instill knowledge in the major areas of computing such as Programming, Databases, Web Development and Mobile Phone App Development.
- Projects :Seminar and Project driven courses are designed to enhance technical and presentation skills
- Interdisciplinary Minors: Minor elective gives the students a choice to develop and expertise in the interdisciplinary areas of interest, for example Management and ECE.
- Professional Enhancement: In addition to core curricula, course offers subjects like communication, analytical and soft skills to enhance personality and employability.
- Software Skills: Curriculum is equipped with 21st century digital technologies for game designing, animations and web development.
- Industrial Visits: Encourage students to have maximum industrial exposure through visits for problem identification and emerging technologies
- Holistic Development :Participation in technical events, sports and cultural activities help in the holistic development of students
Key Areas of Study:
- To demonstrate a sound knowledge in key areas of computer Application or industrial computing.
- To demonstrate a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science.
- To carry out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
- To demonstrate professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation.
- To develop sound practical skills to enable them to addressing problems which arise from computer systems and applications.
Program Education Objectives:
- To deliver world-class education to the students with optimum facilities and the latest teaching trends
- To train students by using state-of-the-art technology
- To help the students learn the IT concepts and apply them successfully in the information systems
- To prepare students to meet the organizational requirements of the IT industry and provide a strong foundation in the technical aspects of computers and their applications.
- The program also aims to give an insight into organizational analysis techniques for creatively designing various business processes
Program Outcome :
- Graduates will experiments latest computer technology practically to develop and analyze computing systems.
- Graduates will have a solid understanding of the theory and concepts underlying computer science.
- Graduates will have the conceptual knowledge and background to be able to analyze a problem and identify and define the computing requirements for its solution.
- Graduates will have the ability to design a computer-based system, process, component or program as well as design non-computing requirements.
- Graduates will have the ability to implement a computer-based system, process, component or program.
- Graduates will have the ability to evaluate, verify, trouble-shoot, test and analyze an existing computer-based system, process, component or program.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to use current techniques, skills and tools for computing practice.
- Graduates will be able to work effectively in teams in designing and implementing software systems and effectively manage conflicts, optimize resources and meet deadlines.
- Graduates will be aware of key ethical issues affecting computer science and their responsibilities as computer science professionals.
- Graduates will have an understanding of the impact of computers in society.
Program Specific Outcome:
- Computer and Network Operator
- Computer Programmer
- Customer Support Analyst
- Data Administrator
- Systems Quality Assurance Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Helpdesk Technician
- Information Systems Consultant
- Software Development Specialist
- Software Support Specialist
- Systems Auditor
- Systems Security Analyst
- Web Technician
- Web Designer
A number of top recruiters look for the fresher degree holders for offering opportunity of work with. BCA is one of the demanding courses under the IT sector. Here, we have listed the prestigious companies that recruit BCA graduates:
- Tech Mahindra
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
The demand of IT professionals is increasing not only in India but also in abroad. After the completion of the course, the student can find a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Oracle, Infosys, and Google. The student can work as a system engineer, junior programmer, web developer or as a system administrator. This field provides you ample opportunities to make your career not only in private sector but also in the public sector. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals for their IT department. After the completion of the course a student’s work profile may include:
- System engineer in the top companies like Infosys, Wipro, hp, Google.
- Programmer in various software development firms.
- Web developer in various web designingcompanies and online digital marketing companies.
- System Administrator in an organization including a bank, school or college.
- Software developer in the companies like Microsoft, Google, face book.
There is a huge scope in the field of BCA. One can do job or can go for higher studies after the completion of course. Self employment option is also available. You can do freelancing or develop your own software if you have that much skills. There are many software MNCs (Multi National Companies) which provide job to the BCA graduates. If candidate has a work experience and all the necessary required skills then he/she can hold good positions in MNCs.
If you want deep knowledge in this field, then you can go for advanced courses such as MCA and PhD. MCA can be specialized in systems management, systems development, management information system, etc. After the completion of MCA, candidate can also get the job of lecturer in any of the reputed institutions.
2nd Semester Bachelor of Computer Application Result
4th Semester Bachelor of Computer Application Result
6th Semester Bachelor of Computer Application Result
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes