About the Course:
BA Hons (History) is an undergraduate History language programme. History is the study of past events, particularly in human affairs. Students get knowledge about features of ancient, medieval and contemporary India. They also study India’s social, economical, political and cultural aspects, while pursuing this course
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or Equivalent|
One can go for higher degree programme (M.A.,M.Phil) in respective subjects. The B.A. in History prepares students for course in History,law and other. The B.A. hon. Degree course enable the students to develop a deep understanding of the evolution of human civilizations done the ages,i.e., from the pre-historic to the recent times. the degree course study also helps in awarding the students with the socio-economic and cultural and heritage of India and the world.
Key areas of study:
History, ancient world, medieval world, united states of America ,southeast Asia, Indian art ,research ,understanding heritage, Chhattisgarh, contemporary India, tourism.
Program Education Objectives:
Students gain a broad comparative understanding of the humenpast.Graduate with a B.A. History.
- Demonstrate both broad and deep knowledge of long -term historical developments.
- Understanding how societies have constructed and experienced history across time ,place and person.
- Explain distinction between different historical period, places, events and forces by using disciplinary categories of analysis and academic language.
- Students learn to think critically about the past and develop the curiosity needed to pursue in depth knowledge of particular historical subjects.
- Display an appreciation of causation, chronology, contingency, complexity, multiple, perspectives, historical empathy, and contemporary relevance.
- Students develop original and complex interpretations of the past.
- Students express historical interpretations both orally and in writing
- Expand your knowledge and understanding about the past, and reflect on the diversity of past human experience.
- Gain a critical insight into the range of interpretations, theories and approaches that historian have adopted and tested over time.
- Cultivate a broad range of skills which are highly valued by employers, such as the ability to think critically, assess evidence of many kinds and express ideas with precision. These skills can be transferred to many different careers or provide a grounding for further academic study.
Program Specific Outcomes:
The main focus in the History Course at the UG level is on the stages the growth of human civilizations and the evolution of social systems and on cultural and scientific development. The main aims outlined for history teaching are
1. To promote an understanding of the processes of change and development through which human societies have evolved to their present stage of development.
2. To promote an understanding of the common routes of human civilizations and an appreciation of the basic unity of mankind.
The University offers Undergraduate Honours and General Course in History. The outcomes of this Course are as follows: Students who complete the History Honours might come up the following knowledge and skills:
1 Learn a basic narrative of historical events in a specific region of the world in a specific time frame
2 Distinguish between primary and secondary sources
3. Understand and evaluate different historical ideas, various arguments, and points of view.
4 . Evaluate competing interpretations and multiple narratives of the past.
5. Gather and assess primary historical evidence.
6. Compile a composite bibliography.
7. Present clear and compelling arguments, based on critical analysis of diverse historical sources.
8. Articulate factual and contextual knowledge of specific places and times, to make careful comparisons (across time, space, and culture) and to discern how each generation (including theirs) uses the past for present purposes.
9. Students should understand academic honesty, a concept presented to them in all history classes.
10. Students should understand the basic skills that historians use in research.
11. Students should understand the basic skills that historians use in writing.
12. Students should understand the basic tools of historical analysis. 13. Students should understand the value of diversity.
14. Students should develop a secular outlook towards society.
15. Students should believe in the equality of man irrespective of caste, creed, religion and colour.
16 . Students should learn to believe in the ideas of religious toleration.
Information research, librarian, columnist editors.
Public service, historian, teacher, writer/subject matter expert, historical fiction, historical parks, public relation, radio, research, curator and guide, documentation specialist, auctioneer, travel and tourism expert.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes